Yoxall Parish Council

Yoxall Parish Council


Flooding and the reporting process.

Feb 28, 2024

How to report flooding.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a wide area affected by flooding due to the exceptionally wet weather.

For information, flooding of highways can be reported on the report it system – Report a fault online - Staffordshire County Council

or alternatively on the emergency number at SCC 24hour contact centre on 0300 111 8000

The Landowner is responsible for ditches and watercourses and piped watercourses and culverts For information : - https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Highways/flooding/Piped-Watercourses-and-Culverts.aspx

If the problem is a blockage on the river i.e. at a bridge, this should be reported to the Environment Agency -

https://www.gov.uk/report-flood-cause or 0800 0807060.